Best GBA Emulator For Iphone
Do you love to play Gameboy games on a console? Would you like an alternative way of playing them? With GBA4iOS, you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a handheld Gameboy console and take your games with you wherever you go.
How Safe is GBA4iOS?
GBA4iOS emulator is perfectly safe to use. As there is no need to jailbreak to install the emulator, you are not hacking into the root of the iOS. This means you are not opening your iPhone or iPad to any potential external threats. The developer, Riley Testut, also monitors the app regularly, fixing any issues that arise straight away.
GBA4iOS does offer emulation capabilities, and this comes with its own risks. First, it is only legal to play games via an emulator like GBA4iOS if you own the physical disc or game cartridge. That’s because you need to download the game ROM from an external source, and copyright laws state that you are required to own a copy of the game first. If you choose to go ahead and download the ROM anyway, you must do so at your own risk. Second, GBA4iOS is safe to use, but covering your own back is always advisable – make sure you install anti-virus software on your device and only use official, reputable sources for downloading your ROMs.
How to Download GBA4iOS:
Downloading GBA4iOS is pretty simple to do. Obviously, you won’t find it in the app store as this isn’t something Apple agrees with. However, you can install it using an unofficial app installer called TopStore. Not only do you get access to this cool emulator, but you also get a choice of thousands of other unofficial apps and games, all for free. Here’s how:
- Open Safari browser and go to the official TopStore download page
- Download TopStore to your device
- Open the app using the icon on your home page
- If you get an Untrusted Developer error, you can find the solution below
- Input GBA4iOS into the search bar and wait
- Tap on the result and then tap Install
- GBA4iOS is now ready for use.
If you are running iOS 10 or higher, GBA4iOS will not work. However, the same developer has come up with the Delta Emulator app, and you can download that by following the same steps as above but searching for Delta Emulator instead of GBA4iOS.
Fix Untrusted Developer Error:
Because TopStore is an unofficial app, and by association, so are GBA4iOS and Delta emulator, you may need to fix an Untrusted Developer error when you try using them for the first time. The error is telling you that Apple cannot verify the developer but fixing it is easy enough to do:
- The error message will give you the developer name – make a note of it
- Go into iOS Settings and go to General > Profiles
- Find the developer name and tap it
- Tap Trust – close settings, the app is now ready to be used.
How to Download ROMS
GBA4iOS already has a few ROMS in it, but you must download these manually:
- Launch GBA4iOS and tap the Search button (top-right of the screen)
- There are 11 game series listed; tap on one
- Tap on Preferred version and pick your version
- Tap Download
- Tap Save
- Once the download has finished, your game will be available via GBA4iOS
You can download external ROMs, but you will need to do this via the internet
Should you want to remove GBA4iOS from your device, pick one of the following easy methods:
Method 1: iOS Settings
- Launch Settings and tap on General>Profiles
- Tap the GBA4iOS profile
- Tap Delete and then Delete
Method 2: App Icon
- Find and long-hold the GBA4iOS icon
- When it begins wiggling tap on the x in the top-right corner
- Tap Delete
Both options remove GBA4iOS from your iPhone or iPad, and the same instructions work for Delta emulator and for TopStore too.
GBA4iOS is a popular emulator, and millions of users across the world enjoy it every day. It is one of the easiest ways to turn your iPhone or iPad into a handheld games console, ensuring you can play your favorite games wherever you are.
And using TopStore gives you the added bonus of getting many more apps and games to choose from, all for free.
Download GBA4iOS today, and don’t forget; if you are running iOS 10 or above, you also have the option of using Delta Emulator from the same developer.